14/2/10
Well the five women from Odzuma and Ossouelle who were heading for the regional seminar opted to take the risk on my truck but we never got to put it too the test because a minor bout of malaria intervened! The strangest bout I've ever had - head, muscle and joint aches that lasted four or five hours each evening Mon.-Thurs., sufficiently bad to lay me flat a couple of those evenings, but a high temperature only on Mon. and Wed. evenings, and mercifully only one attack of the shivers. Well I'm not complaining; better a full-blown attack only once every 48 hours than every 24 but it was puzzling. By Fri. I was feeling right as rain again ( had plenty of that too even though it's the small dry season), though a couple of gentle runs over the weekend tell me I'm not fully there yet so the runs will have to stay gentle for a few more days. Other than that a fairly quiet week with nothing exceptional to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment