Monday, 10 August 2009

No fuel in town

18th July

We (Fulbert, Noline and I) were planning a trip to Dzogo and Edzangalou this weekend. I was packed (not that you need much for one night), the truck was loaded and it even started first time. So off I trundled, but five minutes later I was at the petrol station being told there was no fuel in town! Foiled again.

I headed over to Fulbert and Noline's with the bad news. So, with a day now 'free' I spent some time purging the fuel lines of more air since the engine was still rough, then we decided we may as well take advantage of all having time available at once to continue drafting the translation of Noah, started way back in April. Chapter 8 is now fully drafted, so it definitely wasn't a lost weekend as things turned out. In fact fuel arrived later that day so on Sunday we did go out to Edzangalou. Rather sad to find only three people in attendance at the annexe but it gave Fulbert a clearer picture of the situation there.


No comments: