Monday, 10 August 2009

25th - 26th July
After last weekend's failed attempt we decide to try again to have a weekend in Dzogo. This time we succeeded! Fulbert took his hunting rifle along and at various points as we trundled over the Plateaux the cry went up "
Stop!" as different prey were spotted. Fortune, who was also with us, proved to be a good shot and bagged two different birds in quick succession so a good meal was guaranteed for that evening! We arrived in Dzogo around 10 am and Fulbert and Fortune went off to clear some forest for a small banana plantation and I set to work cutting a window into the living room in my house – yes, you do things in a strange order when you have a tin house! I wasn't quite sure how to go about this but I had pre-cut wood for a frame, so I nailed that together and simply cut a hole the same size in the tin wall then nailed another length of wood between two poles just below the 'window' so that I had a support to screw the hinges to. Seems to work, though whether rain will leak in in the rainy season remains to be seen. While I was doing this Noline played beautician for her village friends! Then prepared those scrummy birds for dinner. And in the meantime Pip (my dog) was trying to outdo Fortune and caught a kid goat! Fortunately he was being mischievous rather than dangerous and gave it up when I caught him! In the evening we arranged a meeting with the believers and had fun teaching them to retell the parable of the Good Samaritan, or in the contextualised version 'The Good Pygmy'! and drawing lessons from it. My bed STILL hasn't been made but I borrowed four benches from the church a was able to sleep in my own house in Dzogo for the first time. Sunday morning we held the service with this group and then headed back to Léconi.

No comments: