Hmm, and I thought having only two/three people for the workshoop early in the month was disappointing?! They proposed another work session for the following Saturday, but then one hour before sent and SMS to say they were going to the fields instead! Never mind the fact I'd re-arranged my weekend around this or the hours I'd spent preparing! And that was after several similar incidents during the weeks preceding. So how do you build a team when people have no compunction about saying one thing and doing another, or simply doing nothing? How can you ever be sure of getting anything done? I'm stumped!
However, last weekend I had a good three days out in Odzuma. Heavy rain each day threw off a couple of meetings and caterpillar collecting is evidently more appealing than church to some (at least half a dozen of the usual attendees were absent on Sunday because they preferred to collect caterpillars – a local delicacy which are only to be had (fresh) for a few weeks each year, though if you smoke them they will keep for months. Just as well considering the large stock I was given!) Caterpillar collecting notwithstanding I had a good study time with the two ba
ptism candidates and fun reading some newly translated portions to the children who gathered in my house before the service on Sunday.
It's also mango season so I've been eating those in abundance too, as well as making pots of jam, so food it rich and varied at present.
1 comment:
Bon courage, ma soeur!!!
Post a Comment